Are you looking for the perfect dessert to finish off your holiday table this season? Look no further! This year, why not bake up a delicious apple cake - the ultimate festive treat that everyone will be sure to love? This recipe is easy to make and is packed with warmth and flavour.
Perfectly spiced apples, topped with a homemade buttery crumb topping, all snuggled inside moist, fluffy cake layers. You won't find any other apple cake that tastes as amazingly delicious as this one!
Get ready for rave reviews from all of your guests when you serve up this show-stopping sweet treat on your holiday table.
How to Make An Easy Apple Cake?
Who doesn't love apple desserts? And in the fall, there's nothing quite as satisfying as a warm, spiced apple cake fresh out of the oven. Not only does it make your kitchen smell incredible, but biting into a slice of moist cake with chunks of sweet, tart apples and a crumbly cinnamon topping is like a little slice of heaven. And the best part? Making an apple cake is so easy, that even the most novice bakers can take on this recipe. So grab your mixing bowls, preheat your oven, and get ready to impress your friends and family with this delicious apple cake recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (preferably baking apples like Royal Gala or Honey Crisp)
- ¼ cup Sugar-Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup by Skinny Mixes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the chopped apples until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Drizzle the Sugar-Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup by Skinny Mixes over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
Q: Can I use other syrups instead of the Sugar-Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup by Skinny Mixes?
A: Absolutely! If you're looking for other syrup options, you can try using Sugar-Free Iced Cinnamon Roll Syrup, Sugar-Free Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup, or Sugar-Free Honey Cinnamon Syrup. Each one will add its unique flavor to the cake.
Q: Can I make cupcakes with this recipe?
A: Yes! To make moist apple cupcakes, simply divide the batter equally into lined cupcake tins and adjust the baking time accordingly. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Q: Can I make this recipe vegan or gluten-free?
A: Yes, you can modify this recipe to be vegan or gluten-free. Here are some suggestions:
- For a vegan version, replace the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil, the eggs with flax eggs or applesauce, and the buttermilk with plant-based milk combined with vinegar or lemon juice.
- For a gluten-free version, substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Ensure that all other ingredients, including the baking powder and baking soda, are also labeled gluten-free.
Please note that the texture and taste of the cake may vary slightly when making these substitutions, but it should still be delicious!
Q: Can I make a healthy version of this apple cake?
A: Absolutely! If you're looking for a healthy apple cake, here are some modifications you can make: