Nothing beats a warm, hearty bowl of oatmeal in the morning, but what if you add a little spice to it? Today we’ll share with you our apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe and we’ll share with you our top secret ingredient to make this goodie taste like heaven without all the added sugars of other recipes.
Ready to start making breakfast? Let’s put our hands to work!
Homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal
If you're in the mood for a warm and comforting breakfast, homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal might just hit the spot. Picture a creamy and chewy bowl of oats, blended with just the right amount of spices and chunks of sautéed apples. The aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting through the kitchen, as you prepare this meal from scratch. The taste is sweetened with a hint of our secret ingredient, making it indulgent yet healthy at the same time.
With a soft and creamy texture that provides a satisfying bite, homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal is sure to become a new delicious favorite.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups of water or milk (almond milk, oat milk, or cow’s milk work well!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Secret ingredient reveal: 2 tbsp of Skinny Mixes Sugar-Free Honey Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
How to make apple cinnamon oatmeal
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the oats, water or milk, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the cinnamon and our Sugar-Free Honey Cinnamon Syrup to the pot.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the oats are cooked and the mixture has thickened to your liking.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped apple to the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until the apple is golden brown and tender.
- Add the vanilla extract to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve the cooked oats and add the sautéed apples and a dash of syrup on top. Enjoy!
3 Extra tips to make the perfect apple cinnamon oatmeal breakfast
Do you want to step your apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe to the next level? Here are some tips that will help you out:
- Make sure to use a firm apple like Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Gala for sautéing to avoid getting a soggy texture that actually no one likes.
- Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less of our syrup. In any case, it’s sugar-free and has 0 calories, so it won’t affect your diet in any way!
- To make the oatmeal creamier, substitute one cup of water with one cup of your favorite milk. You can even froth it to make it even more creamier.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with toppings: Try adding different nuts, like almonds or walnuts, dried fruits such as cranberries, raisins, or cherries, or even sliced bananas or strawberries, to add different flavours and textures to your oatmeal.
Can I substitute rolled oats for instant oatmeal?
Yes, you can substitute instant oatmeal for rolled oats in an apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and cooking time will be different. Instant oatmeal typically cooks faster than rolled oats (1-5 minutes) and has a softer texture. If using instant oatmeal, you may need to adjust the amount of liquid used in the recipe and reduce the cooking time. Always check the package instructions for cooking times and measurements. However, using rolled oats will give you a heartier and more nutritious oatmeal.
Do you recommend any other cinnamon syrup for this recipe?
Of course! We have an entire cinnamon syrup collection you can choose from, all sugar and calorie-free. From Sugar-Free Iced Cinnamon Roll Syrup to Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup, at Skinny Mixes we have different options so you can tailor this cinnamon apple oatmeal recipe to your taste.
Skinny Mixes Syrups: A Must-Try Option For a Sweet Breakfast
Our unique collection of guilt-free syrups adds a flavourful dash of sweetness to every bit. With over 50 mouthwatering flavour varieties, there’s something for everyone! Our syrups are gluten-free and deliciously crafted with health-conscious ingredients.
From oatmeal and parfait to baked goodies, you can add an extra touch of deliciousness to your favorite meals without any unwanted calories or sugar. Whatever the occasion may be, Skinny Mixes Syrups is the perfect way to add year-round flavour with a rich taste and creamy texture that won't weigh you down.
Ready to start making this apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe? Check out our cinnamon collection and pick your favourite! And, if you want to unleash the check within you, check all of our recipes!