Do you know that incredible feeling of waking up to the smell and sound of French toast sizzling in the pan? Well, forget about it, because this recipe for Donut French Toast will take your breakfast game to a whole new level! You'll still get the deliciousness of traditional French toast but with an added touch of donut-y sweetness.
Plus, it takes only fifteen minutes to pull together so you can get out the bed (finally) and start enjoying your tasty morning meal without any fuss or waiting around – something we all need right now!
How to make Donut French Toast
MEME ALERT! It’s time to get up and make a terrific breakfast for you and your family!
Who would have thought it was possible to combine two of the most delicious breakfast items into one delectable dish? Well, not only is it possible – with a few simple steps and ingredients, you can make this Donut French Toast recipe.
- 1 non glazed donut
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar Free Glazed Donut Syrup
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of your favourite milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for frying
- Powdered sugar and Sugar Free Maple Donut Syrup for serving
- Slice the donut in half horizontally, as if you were going to make a sandwich with it.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the egg, Sugar Free Glazed Donut Syrup, milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a small amount of butter to coat the surface.
- Dip each donut half into the egg mixture, making sure both sides are well-coated. Allow any excess to drip off.
- Place the dipped donut halves onto the heated skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked Donut French Toast from the skillet and place them on a serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm with
- Powdered sugar and Sugar Free Maple Donut Syrup on the side.
- Enjoy this delicious and unique take on French toast.
What is the trick to making the best Donut French toast?
Creating the best Donut French Toast involves a few key tricks:
- Use Day-Old Donuts: Day-old donuts are slightly drier, which allows them to soak up the egg mixture better without becoming too soggy. This results in a French toast with a nice, custardy interior and a crispy exterior.
- Glaze your Donuts: Glazed donuts add an extra layer of sweetness and create a caramelized exterior when cooked. Sugar Free Glazed Donut Syrup is the perfect addition to glaze your donuts.
- Don't Rush the Soaking: Allow the donuts to really soak in the egg mixture. The longer they soak, the more flavour they'll absorb.
- Control Your Heat: Cook your Donut French Toast on medium heat.
- Serve Immediately: Donut French Toast is best served warm, straight from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup for an added touch of sweetness.
- Add Toppings: Consider adding your favorite French toast toppings. Fresh fruits, whipped cream, powdered sugar, Sugar Free Maple Donut Syrup or even a sprinkle of cinnamon can elevate your Donut French Toast to another level.
Remember, the best Donut French Toast is the one that suits your personal taste buds. Feel free to experiment with these tips and create your perfect version. Enjoy!
Treat yourself to delicious pancakes and french toast without the guilt with Sugar-Free Glazed Donut Syrup! Our irresistibly sweet syrup is perfect for those who want all of the flavour but none of the calories. Plus, it goes great with any dish - from French toast to plain pancakes - so you can enjoy your favorite treats without the added sugar.
Just because you’re cutting back on added sugar, doesn’t mean you have to cut back on deliciousness. This amazing syrup gives you the sweet taste of maple with no added sugar. It goes perfectly in this donut french toast recipe, but feel free to get creative and use it anywhere you like—on waffles, ice cream, or even just straight out of the bottle (don’t worry, we won’t judge)