Love desserts? Looking for a new way to satisfy your sweet tooth? Then you'll want to hear about the newest delectable dessert in town: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies! While these may look like your everyday, ordinary cookie - don't let appearances fool you. One bite of these and it's clear they're anything but plain.
So grab your apron, preheat the oven, and get ready to whip up something delicious that's sure to have everyone begging for more.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe
Do you love the combination of salty and sweet? Using this easy and quick peanut butter cup recipe, you'll be able to make unique cookies that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
Not only does each cookie feature a smooth yet crunchy outer shell filled with melty chocolate and sweet peanut butter filling but it's sure to delight dessert lovers alike. Whether you’re baking up an after-dinner snack or just an anytime treat, these peanut butter cup cookies are sure to tantalize your taste buds in the best possible way!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Miniature peanut butter cups (unwrapped), about 24-30
Instructions to rock this peanut butter cups recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup Syrup, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Place each dough ball onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden but the centers are still slightly undercooked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a miniature peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Be gentle, as the cookies will be soft and fragile at this stage.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your peanut butter cup cookies as a delicious treat, and store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Why are my peanut butter cookies not hardening?
There could be several reasons why your peanut butter cookies are not hardening as expected:
- Underbaking: If the cookies are not baked long enough, they may remain too soft. Make sure to follow the recommended baking time in the recipe or check for signs of doneness, such as lightly golden edges and a slightly firm center.
- Incorrect oven temperature: An oven that is not calibrated correctly can lead to underbaked or unevenly baked cookies.
- High moisture content: Using natural peanut butter or other ingredients with high moisture content can make your cookies softer.
- Humidity: High humidity can affect the texture of your cookies, making them softer and preventing them from hardening. Store the cookies in an airtight container with a small packet of silica gel or a piece of bread to help absorb excess moisture.
- Cooling process: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This allows the cookies to set and harden properly.
Enjoy the creamy, savoury flavour of a peanut butter cup without any of the added guilt. It's perfect for topping off your favourite breakfast dishes or creating fun desserts that even your kids will love. With this syrup, you'll be able to whip up treats they can enjoy with no health consequences.
Take your baking and topping game to a whole new level – try our Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup Syrup today!