Are you looking for ways to bring some extra zing into your everyday dishes? If so, why not try your hand at making mango chutney? This flavourful condiment is the perfect accompaniment to any dish and adds an extra layer of depth and complexity that will take your meals to a whole new level. Not only does mango chutney add incredible flavour, but it's easy to make too!
So if you're ready to spice up your meals with a fantastic homemade recipe, read on and find out how easy and delicious mango chutney can be!
What is mango chutney?
Ah, mango chutney! A tantalizing symphony of taste that dances on the tongue. Born in the vibrant kitchens of India, this little gem is a blend of ripe, juicy mangoes, sugar, vinegar, and a melody of spices. Each spoonful unveils a lavish tapestry of flavours – the sweetness of sun-kissed mangoes, the sharp tang of vinegar, and the subtle heat of spices. It's more than just a condiment; it's an adventure for your taste buds.
Perfect for jazzing up your curries or as an exotic partner to your cheeseboard. Once tasted, the allure of mango chutney is simply irresistible!
How to make Mango Chutney
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of Sugar Free Mango Syrup
- Spices: 1 teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, a pinch of cloves, cinnamon, cardamom
- 1/2 cup vinegar or lemon juice
- Optional: a thumb-sized piece of ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 red chillies
- Start by heating oil in a pan. If you're using them, add the ginger, garlic, and chillies, sautéing until they release their fragrant aroma.
- Next, introduce your spices to the mix, stirring until the mixture is well combined and aromatic.
- Now, it's time for the star of the show - the mangoes. Add these along with the Sugar Free Mango Syrup and vinegar and allow the mixture to simmer until the mangoes are tender and the mixture has thickened.
- Allow your chutney to cool before transferring it to a jar.
Is mango chutney the same as mango jam?
While both mango chutney and mango jam share the starring role of the delightful mango, they are indeed different culinary creations. Mango jam predominantly features the sweetness of ripe mangoes, sugar, and perhaps a dash of lemon juice. It's simple and focuses on the fruit's unadulterated essence. Conversely, mango chutney is a more complex affair, an exotic medley of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavours. It incorporates vinegar, sugar, and a symphony of spices, offering a more layered and robust taste experience.
What goes with mango chutney?
Mango chutney, with its vibrant blend of sweetness and tang, pairs delightfully with a variety of dishes. Its traditional partner is spicy Indian curries, offering a soothing counterpoint to the heat . It's also a splendid companion for cheese, especially those with a softer, salty note . For a unique twist, try it with ham or even in your grilled cheese. It can also be served with burgers, beef, poultry, fish, or simply spread over cream cheese and crackers.
The perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth without guilt. Enjoy the succulence of fresh, juicy mangoes in every sip. Whether you're making a smoothie, tea, or cocktail, our syrup brings out the perfect sweetness without a single added calorie. The bold and fruity flavour will transport your taste buds to a paradise far away. With no sugar added, this complete delight is perfect for diabetics or anyone looking to reduce their added sugars intake. Go on- let yourself have the treat you deserve with Sugar Free Mango Syrup!