Is it pumpkin season already? With the leaves turning colours, there's nothing better than a warm cup of pumpkin spice latte to cozy up with. But here’s the thing - even if you're following a low-carb or keto diet, does that mean you have to sacrifice your high-dose of PSL goodness?
We've created an irresistible and healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe perfect for those autumn days when all you want is something to wrap your hands around… but isn't full of added sugars and carbs.
How to make a delicious Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
Welcome to Keto world, where pumpkin spice lattes don’t have to be a distant memory! Not only does this Keto-friendly recipe taste amazing, but it's also full of fall flavour with just the right amount of sweetness and spice. Read on for all the details – plus some tips about how to get that coffee shop quality without breaking the bank or your diet!
- ¾ cup of almond milk (or coconut milk for nut-free)
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- ½ tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 shot Espresso (or ½ cup of strong brewed coffee)
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond milk (or coconut milk), heavy cream, pumpkin puree, Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup, and vanilla extract. Simmer until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Brew espresso or strong coffee separately.
- Pour the hot milk mixture into a cup, then pour the espresso or coffee on top. If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Enjoy this low-carb, keto-friendly twist!
Is Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte healthy?
Yes, a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte can indeed be a healthier alternative to the traditional pumpkin spice latte. The regular versions of these lattes often contain high amounts of sugar and carbs, which are not suitable for a keto or low-carb diet.
However, a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte is made with ingredients that fit within the keto diet guidelines. It usually includes unsweetened almond or coconut milk, heavy cream, a low-carb sweetener like monk fruit or stevia, and pumpkin puree. These ingredients result in a beverage that is low in carbs but still high in flavour.
In addition, pumpkin puree is rich in vitamins A and C, fiber, and potassium, providing some nutritional benefits. The heavy cream adds a source of healthy fats, which are a key part of the keto diet.
Despite these benefits, it's important to consume Keto Pumpkin Spice Lattes in moderation as part of a balanced diet, as they can be high in calories due to the heavy cream and other fats.
How to make pumpkin puree?
You’ll need one medium-sized sugar or pie pumpkin. Now follow this simple instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse the pumpkin clean and pat it dry. Slice off the stem of the pumpkin, then cut the pumpkin in half from top to bottom. Use a large metal spoon or an ice cream scoop to remove the seeds and fibrous strings.
- Place the pumpkin halves, cut-side down, onto the baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for about 45-60 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce the skin and flesh.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool enough to handle, then scoop out the flesh using a spoon and discard the skin.
- Transfer the pumpkin flesh to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. If the puree seems too thick, you can add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
- You can use the pumpkin puree immediately in recipes, or store it in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze it in zip-top bags or airtight containers for longer storage.
Put down the sugar bowl and pick up our Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup! For those of us who love pumpkin spice everything, this syrup is exactly what we need to make our favourite recipes even better. It goes great with coffee, waffles, cupcakes – the list goes on and on! This syrup offers all the flavour of your fall favourites without any added sugar.
So go ahead and indulge in the pumpkin-spice spicy goodness while still maintaining your diet goals. Now you can put a touch of pumpkin spice in your life no matter what season it is! Get your hands on some Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup today – we guarantee you won't ever want to put it down!